Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Do not be alarmed

Hey folks,
Yesterday I was checking my gmail at school and a friend of mine took this once-in-a-blue-moon opportunity to Gmail chat with me. As we were discussing a dinner date, she said "whoa it seems like my apartment is shaking."

I of course belittled the idea but it turns out that up on the 32nd floor one probably could feel the slightest tremors of a quake nearly 1,000 miles away.

There's english-language news here but it's generally so staid and pointless that I don't watch it, and my bbc podcast tends to get listened to a few days behind schedule. So it was actually my mom who first told me there'd been a quake that has killed thousands.

I however am just fine, as is everybody in Beijing.

Also all the museums are free right now? Nobody knows why.

No comments:

Old Posts